Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 15, 2010

Just a few photos

I have been lazy with picture taking as of late, but here a few very special photos. These first ones are from our drip to Batey Libertad, a marginalized Haitian community outside of Santiago. Bateys are poor villages formed around an industry, in this case rice, in which the people don't really own the land. This particular Batey made it onto the international radar several years ago due to its size and desperation and has since received educational funding, a small clinic and a community center.




my good friend Joseph





Community leader Papi and his board. A man with a mission.












These are my kittens! The one in the middle is mine to keep until I leave. I named her Ruby after the little red chiguagua/dochsund puppy I had last month. He had to go away, broke my heart.

The odd couple. We are great together.

cousin Gabriela

little Luisa, another sweet cousin



Las Aguilas (Eagles, Santiago) vs los Leones (Lions, Santo Domingo)

snack vendors slightly cuter than they are in the States...



Best friends Nick and Caroline. These two people have blessed and supported me each day since our arrival, they love me where I am and celebrate the journey with me in its fullness.


Phil and Nick on the way home from "flo's" pizza, THE college hang out before and after dancing. Essentially, a tiny shack beside the highway famous for its cheap and potent papaya daiquiris.

No comments:

Post a Comment